We cannot say enough about our volunteers that come together each year to help us sort and pack the purses and prepare them to be delivered out to the various agencies. It is a work of love and we could not do it without you!
- Believe in our vision for the Purses of Hope
- Have a desire to help others
- Give the gift of their time
- Have a commitment that each purse is filled uniformly ensuring that each recipient has the
fundamentals from our “Wish List”
- Help keep the sorting process fun by bringing their sense of humour and organizational skills
- Share in the warm feeling that comes from knowing that they have offered Hope
If “Purses of Hope” speaks to your heart, we would welcome you into our volunteer family.
There are many ways that you can become involved with Purses of Hope. Our purses are donated and filled through donations large and small. We rely upon the kindness of many and the generosity that is so evident in our city. Our sponsors provide assistance in many ways that help us to keep the program moving forward.
Some suggestions on how to get involved:
- Sorting your closet and parting with gently used purses (prefer larger but all are used in various
- Look through your scarf collections – any extras? We put a scarf in each purse along with gloves
- Knit or crochet? We have many ladies that make scarves and/or hats
- Having a special occasion? Ask your friends to bring items from our wish list
- Organize a drive with your friends to fill a few purses
- Engage your co-workers in gathering filler items from our wish list or purses
- Travel or know someone who does? Bring back the shampoo, conditioner, body wash that you don’t use.
- Have contacts that work in the beauty industry? Ask about donations of cosmetics or other personal care items
- Throw a few items in your cart while shopping – see wish list
- Work with kids? This is a great way to get them involved by helping them collect items for the purses
- Do you know of a company that would like to become a sponsor? Sponsors provide us with larger quantities of wish list items, monetary assistance, drop off points during our annual campaign
- Monetary donations through e transfer or Pay Pal
- Contribute to the mug drive by indicating that your donation is for the mugs
- Have a toonie drive to collect money for the mugs at functions or work. Ask us about getting a mug to display.
- Make your friends and contacts aware of Purses of Hope.
- Give the gift of your time by volunteering
If you would like to talk to us further about becoming involved, please feel free to contact either Judy or Betty. We always love to talk about the Purses of Hope and are happy to do a presentation to explain our mandate and answer questions.